Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gabe is a Cub Scout


So I am driving away from the Scout store after purchasing all of the items Gabe needs to start Cub Scouts and I am sobbing. Not because I just had to shell out $60 for all of that stuff but because I cannot believe my baby Gabe is a Cub Scout. Why? Why? Why does he have to grow up?

Tonight was his first Den Meeting. He was sooooo excited! Before the meeting we worked on some of his Bobcat Requirements (memorize the Cub Scout Promise, Show Me the Cub Scout handshake, etc.) and the look on his face when I signed things off in his book was priceless. The look on his face when he thumbed through the book and saw all of the fun things he was going to get to do was even better. 

At Cub Scouts they got to make a bird feeder and talk about the food chain. He can't wait until his first Pack Meeting next week where he will hopefully get his Bobcat Badge!

No comments: