Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Big Day for the Eltons




Today is our 10th wedding anniversary and Gabe's 8th Birthday. My brother also left for his mission in Ghana, Africa today. 

To celebrate we went to The Olive Garden for a family dinner. Gabe's favorite restaurant is The Olive Garden because he loves the Zuppa Tuscano soup. After the Olive Garden we stopped by Dairy Queen for some ice cream and then came home to eat it and open Gabe's presents. 

There is just something about your child turning 8. I get tears in my eyes just saying it. Okay, well to tell the truth I get teary eyed on all my kids birthdays. I just hate that I am never going to experience them at that age again. I keep telling them to stop growing but I guess they just can't help it. 

Gabe is the absolute sweetest, most tender hearted, kindest kid you have ever met. He is so thoughtful and always says the nicest things. He went to be interviewed for baptism yesterday. He is excited to be baptized and to start cub scouts. Tomorrow Gabe is going to have a party with some of his friends and then he will be baptized next weekend.

As for Dan and I being married for 10 years. I love it! It doesn't make me feel old, it makes me feel so lucky and happy and excited to double, triple and quadruple that time together. I love him more today then I ever have. Seriously, I am not a sappy person but that is how I feel. 

We are going on a family trip at the end of the month and that is kind of going to be our celebration for our 10 year anniversary.

We love you Bryce and hope you made it safe to Africa. We are praying for you and can't wait to get your updates. 

2 comments:

Jeff & Chels said...

you are so sappy! Dan is a tea bag

The Atkinsons said...

I got teary eyed when you described how you feel on your kid's birthdays since my boys are coming up in two months...I've only gone through one with them, but the way you described it says exactly the way I feel.
Congrats on 10 years! It's helps to have a good man to spend your life with :)
And my sister left today for Africa too. (Mozambique, peace corps)