Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gabe Turns Seven

My sweet Gabe turns seven today. I thought I would post some pictures of him this past year:


Lost a Tooth 
October 2007

Universal Studios
December 2007

Christmas
December 2007

Backyard Party
(Gabe is ALWAYS doing silly poses, he cannot pose normally)
March 2008

Lake Powell
June 2008

Family Reunion
July 2008

First  Day of School
August 2008

Philadelphia
September 2008

This kid is the absolute sweetest kid that you will ever meet. He is so kind and has such a tender heart. He is always trying to make sure that his mom is happy and doesn't have to do too much work. He is always letting Zoe or Noah have what they want even if he has to give up something. Gabe is also a thinker. He is always coming up with plans and ideas or explaining some complicated concept to us. He learns about something and then he is able to apply it to everything else. 

A quick story: Gabe's cousin told him he had "monkey ears". Gabe said, "Well the kids at school say I have elf ears and I think they are right, they look more like elf ears." We asked Gabe if he liked his ears and he said, "Uh...yeah...I couldn't hear without them! In fact I think I hear better than most people because of the way my ears are shaped, they catch the sound." It never even crossed his mind that the kids might be making fun of him. He just doesn't think that way. I hope he can always be so sweet. 

7 comments:

Alesha said...

HAppy Birthday Gabe! That is the sweetest story about him. I think he hears better too! Ü

Julie said...

That really is the sweetest story about Gabe's ears. He is so funny! And he is definitely a joy to have in primary! Happy Birthday Gabe!

easleyfamily said...

Cute blog, cute boy! I can't believe that he's seven (when did WE get so old???)...oh, and BTW, Happy Anniversary!! Have a great day! Happy Birthday Gabe! What a sweetheart!

McCartneys said...

Hey, give me your regular email address so I can write you back about stuff!
I just used Acyrlic paint. You can buy it at Walmart in the craft section for .97 cents ! I just used sponge brushes to paint it on! Have Fun!

candice Elton said...

Happy Birthday Gabe. You are the sweetest. We love you. This blog is so cute. And your family is adorable. We love you guys.

jen said...

Um...Who was that horrible cousin that said he had monkey Ears?!!!! Happy Birthday Gabe

The Whitneys said...

Gabe is beyond sweet in everyway. 7 great years and counting with such an amazing boy. I'm lucky to be his Aunt.
Happy Birthday Gabe
Love ya
L