Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Craft Time


My sis-in-law Jen is in charge of Enrichment in her ward so while I was there we did a Christmas craft that she is going to use for their super Saturday. This is actually an idea that my other sis-in-law Sarah came up with. I am so in love with these. Hopefully I get it under control or my house is going to be decorated in nothing but stars.

Instructions:

Materials:
Barn Star
Mod Podge
Scrapbook Paper
Scissors
Ink (optional)

1. Trace one point of the star on a scrap piece of paper (it will be a diamond shape). Cut the top of the diamond out exactly. On the bottom of the diamond cut about an extra inch on each side so that you will be able to fold it under the star.

2. Using your template cut out the five sections of your star from the scrapbook paper of your choice.

3. Spread Mod Podge on one section of your star and apply your scrapbook paper for that section. Smooth it out and press it down for a minute until it is secure.

4. Turn your star over and fold the edges of your paper under. You will have to cut a little of the extra paper at the point to make a nice point. Use a little mod podge to glue down the folded paper.

5. Repeat for the other 4 sections.

6. At this point you can add some ink to your star if you prefer.

7. Cover the whole thing with a thin layer of mod podge and let dry.

Thanks again to my sis-in-law Sarah for this great idea!

7 comments:

McCartneys said...

Ok Jenn....how did you do the stars? Those are really cute. Your kids would love making the ghost pumpkins you should do it! The M I got at Hobby Lobby (it was already painted, I just glue it to the paper with craft glue! ) Let me know abou the stars- I wanna make them! Thanks

easleyfamily said...

Super cute! I want to know how too! Email me...I love em!!

Alesha said...

Eww I love those, can I make some?

Johnson Family said...

Jenn, these are so cute. Thank you for sharing. I am going to have to try it!
-Susan

The Brown Family said...

I LOVE them!!! So gald you posted the directions :o)

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Had to come check out the start you told me about. I love it. If we can find those stars at Micheal's cheap, we ought to get together and have craft night...or day.

Expressions by Heather said...

Jenn, those are fantastic! I just bought my first container of mod podge today. I hope I'm not horrible at it ;)

I'll feature your lovely stars this up coming week! Thank you!

Heather
My Frugal Family
theherberfamily.blogspot.com