Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas is Here!

The kids were really excited to get the tree, ornaments and christmas decorations out. It took me an hour to "fluff" the dang thing out during which the kids broke a few ornaments, made a mess and asked me "Is it ready yet?" about a thousand times. Dan set the mood by putting on Christmas music and making hot chocolate for us all. It was really fun and made me think of the good memories that I have of decorating the tree (or trees because sometimes my mom had 3) when I was little. I am so happy I get to have that experience with my kids now. They were getting really into the Christmas thing and started talking like Santa Claus was going to come tomorrow! I had to remind them how many days it was until Christmas. Then Gabe wanted to make sure that I wrote a note to Santa to let him know that we would be in Utah for Christmas and could he please bring our gifts there. He wanted to make sure that the note said "I am Jennifer Vanchiere Elton, could you please bring our family's gifts to my mom Rhonda Vanchiere's house in Utah" That way Santa would know exactly who we were. Kids are so stinking cute! The next day they spent all day playing with my Christmas Caroler statues and Decorative Christmas Boxes...dang...I should have wrapped those up and saved them for Christmas. Who knew they would find them to be so much fun? 

Decorating the Tree:




8 comments:

Alesha said...

How cute is Gabe and his little note to santa. I love it. Holidays are so much funner with kids around to bring the spirit.

The Johnson Family said...

Your tree looks awesome. That is so fun that all the kids were really into it. Dont worry we have the same problem, with being in Utah on Christmas. We told Casen Santa will be coming to our house early because he knows we are leaving.

Paul said...

CUTE story. You guys really have such a sweet family.

Cicely said...

That is sooo cute. I hope the letter is in the mail.

JennLH said...

AWESOME! I'm so into it. Great pictures. I love Gabe's extra-special concern with Santa knowing where he will be for Christmas. :)

easleyfamily said...

Cute pix! So much fun! I'm excited that you'll be in Utah for Christmas...lets try to get together! Love your background, btw!

Chelsey said...

I love the pic of Zoe ever so carefully decorating the tree. And the action shot of Dan placing the star. Well done, Eltons!

JRC said...

ZOey is being so particular! I LOVE it! Is it freezing there???
We still do not have any snow!